Contribute to the D Language Foundation
The D Language Foundation is a 501(c) non-profit public charity devoted to advancing open source technology related to the D programming language.The D Language Foundation:
- holds and defends the copyright and other intellectual property rights for the D programming language.
- provides resources for furthering the development and adoption of the D programming language.
- awards scholarships to highly skilled students.
- organizes the yearly DConf, the international annual conference of D Language developers and users.
- pays for hardware costs (e.g. this website, dmd downloads, the D tour and more)
- is an accepted Google Summer of Code organization and hosted four projects during the summer of 2016.
How can I donate?We welcome contributions from both organizations and individuals. Your help is highly appreciated.
Donate through PayPal
Donate by credit card
Electronic wire transfers or bank check
If I donate financially, where do my donations go?
The D Languages Foundation awards scholarships to highly skilled students. Each $5 you donate contributes to approximately one hour of work by a talented graduate student, and these hours add quickly toward important projects that further the state of the art in the D programming language.
If you have a specific target or project that you wish to directly support, please contact the D Language Foundation.
By the Foundation bylaws, its officers (Walter Bright, Andrei Alexandrescu and Ali Çehreli) cannot get income from the Foundation, which preempts a variety of conflicts of interest.
The D Language Foundation is a non-profit organization
For US taxpayers, contributions to the D Language Foundation are tax-deductible. The D Language Foundation is a 501(c) non-profit public charity registered in the state of Washington, USA. You should consult your tax adviser for rules as they apply to your situation.
Donations to the D Language Foundation are currently not tax-deductible in most other countries as they require an organisation to be incorporated in that country and the D Language Foundation does currently not have the resources to do so.
If you have a question about donations, please write to the D Language Foundation at [email protected].