The D Language Foundation
The D Language Foundation is a 501(c) non-profit public charity devoted to advancing open source technology related to the D programming language.
The D programming language was started by Walter Bright, as a 'better C++' and has grown slowly, but steadily, for more than 15 years. Recent improvements to the D development process have accelerated development of the language and shown the need for a governing organization that overlooks and arranges the future development of the D programming language.
Current projectsThe D Language Foundation:
- holds and defends the copyright and other intellectual property rights for the D programming language.
- provides resources for furthering the development and adoption of the D programming language.
- awards scholarships to highly skilled students.
- organizes the yearly DConf, the international annual conference of D Language developers and users.
- pays for hardware costs (e.g. this website, dmd downloads, the D tour and more)
- is an accepted Google Summer of Code organization and hosted four projects during the summer of 2016.
CommitteeThe officers of the D Language Foundation are:
- Walter Bright, President
- Tudor Andrei Cristian Alexandrescu, Vice President and Treasurer
- Ali Çehreli, Secretary
How can I contribute?
There are many ways to help the D programming language to grow further and get involved.
If you don't have the time to work on the source code, you can also donate to the D Language Foundation.
The D Language Foundation is a non-profit organizationThe D Language Foundation has been recognized as a public charity under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The D Language Foundation has been incorporated with the state of Washington, USA. The employer ID is 47-5352856.
If you want to get in touch with the D Language Foundation, please feel free to write to email@example.com.